The Florida Alcohol and Drug Abuse Association is seeking to hire a Project Coordinator for the Prescriber Peer Mentoring Project. This position is dependent on available funding and can either be an employee or an independent contractor.
Scope of Responsibility:
Provide management and support the implementation of the Prescriber Peer Mentoring (PPM) project. This project consists of a team of doctors that have the credentials and expertise in the field of addiction medicine to provide technical assistance, mentoring and other supports to providers of substance abuse treatment in the area of medication assisted treatment (MAT) using the USDA-approved medications. The position involves coordinating mentoring and training activities, evaluating the services, keeping abreast of best and promising practices, reporting and other responsibilities.
Bachelor's degree in a behavioral health or healthcare related field and a minimum of three years’ experience in behavioral health or healthcare. The position requires strong organizational skills, ability to relate to and engage key leaders and addiction professionals and work independently in a fast-paced environment. Strong well-documented verbal and written communication skills are required. Graduate degrees are highly valued.
While performing the responsibilities of this position, the employee is required to talk, hear, and sit or stand for extended periods. Keyboard use/repetitive hand motion is frequently required. Manual dexterity, audio-visual acuity to operate various business machines and computerized informational systems is required. The employee is occasionally required to lift and carry up to 25 lbs. This position requires travel and the potential candidate will need to be able and licensed to operate a moving vehicle. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Applicants must hold a valid Florida Driver’s License
Reports to Director of Contracts
Lead and coordinate all activities of the Prescriber Peer Mentoring Project to include:
· Identify, recruit and train new prescriber peer mentors (PPM) as needed
· Maintain current PPM engaged and informed of program goals and objectives as well as new guidance, rules or any other information from DCF that impacts their work
· Coordinate the development of training materials with the PPM and subject matter experts
· Review, format and edit all materials for publication (e.g. MS PowerPoint presentations and handouts)
· Coordinate the presentation of trainings to target populations including hospital emergency department medical staff
· Set up, facilitate, document and report on teleconference calls with PPM.
· Set up, facilitate, document and report on trainings, meetings and webinars with and/or led by the PPM.
· Ensure training announcements are delivered timely and the target audience is engaged.
· Coordinate PPM technical assistance to providers by:
o identifying need,
o working on logistics (time and place)
o gathering data including participant satisfaction
· Ensure all project deliverables are completed in a timely manner and in compliance with the terms of the agreement
· Prepare monthly reports of project activities
· Ensure PPM invoices are submitted on time and accurately reflect their effort/time
· Update project plan and deliverables as needed to facilitate contract continuation
· Assist with review of fiscal reports and billing as necessary
· Miscellaneous duties as assigned.