FADAA's Job Board is a listing of job openings in the substance abuse field in Florida. See instructions for information on how to post a vacancy at your organization.
The application for positions with FADAA can be downloaded here: FADAA Job Application.
Disclaimer notice: All job posting content is provided by the soliciting organization. Florida Alcohol and Drug Abuse Association is not responsible for missing or inaccurate data.
Residential Team Leader
WestBridge is seeking a Residential Team Leader to join our dynamic and progressive organization. WestBridge is a private non-profit organization dedicated to a new direction in the treatment of adult men with co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders. Our treatment model adheres to the evidence based practices developed at Dartmouth Psychiatric Research Center. Our goal is to provide treatment focusing on trauma-informed, gender responsive care, rehabilitation, and support to help individuals maximize their recovery, gain hope and empowerment, and become respected and valued members of their community.
We take an active, holistic approach to Wellness by having staff participate side-by-side in activities with our Participants (clients). This includes daily participation in a wide-range of activities, such as: yoga, meditation, mindfulness, kayaking, canoeing, hiking, golfing, and walking, as well as community outreach.
- Ensures that a modified therapeutic community is maintained between participants and staff.
- Ensures that male trauma informed treatment interventions are maintained.
- Ensures that the Helping Men Recovery curriculum is implemented on an ongoing basis.
- Models, supports and monitors the effective use of authentic communication and the WestBridge Culture.
- Plan, implement and manage staffing to ensure required level of service to participants.
- Assures that programming occurs as scheduled.
- Ensure training and clinical supervision is provided and staff evaluations are completed on time.
- Collaborates with the Director of Family Services, The Wellness Coordinator and the FES Supervisor regularly to maintain fidelity to these initiatives.
- Ensures (in conjunction with the QI Committee) and Program Director that all clinical documentation is done in a timely manner.
- Participates in ongoing program development and outcome measures.
- Works with the Chief of Clinical Services to ensure training and clinical supervision is provided and staff evaluations are completed on time.
- Ensures that all program employees are taught and embrace the Evidence Based Practices utilized at WestBridge by collaborating with clinical leadership.
- Clinical duties could include but are not limited to, intake, evaluation, assessment, Individual/group counseling, FES, and case management for individuals and their families.
- Participates in the development and annual review of WestBridge policies and procedures.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge; skill and/or ability required but do not include all requirements:
- Knowledge obtained through completion of a Master degree curriculum in appropriate discipline from accredited institution, with appropriate licensure or eligible for licensure in Florida.
- Knowledge and skill of men’s treatment needs and maintaining care that is trauma-informed.
- Knowledge of issues related to the treatment of men who have served in the military.
- Ability to delegate and triage clinical and administrative duties and foster teamwork.
- Knowledge obtained through attainment of certification as required by funding/licensing sources. (Demonstrable pursuit of certification with timetable for achievement is acceptable.)
- Skill in client assessment, including the use and withdrawal from substances, change in psychiatric status, physical health and safety.
- Knowledge and experience in the treatment of mental illness and substance-using populations as appropriate.
- Skill and experience in staff management and/or supervision.
- Skill in group, individual and/or family counseling.
- Knowledge of state and federal rules and regulations governing confidentiality.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal program administration regulations.
Salary/Compensation: Sign-on Bonus offered. WestBridge offers a highly desirable total compensation packages, including very competitive salary, potential for sign on bonus and relocation assistance, immediate earning of paid time off, Short/Long term disability, Life insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, and access to continuing education and professional development.
WestBridge is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and support applications from all ethnic backgrounds, cultures, ages, lifestyles and physical abilities.
DACCO Behavioral Health
- Maintain treatment programs that are clinically appropriate for a residential treatment program, meet contractual requirements, and achieve meaningful outcomes
- Direct daily operations, respond to inquiries and serve as the point of contact to resolve conflicts.
- Train and supervise team to direct daily operations in the program to address client needs as well as facility safety and security.
- Maintain counselor caseloads and group schedule to meet productivity targets.
- Manage quality improvement activities to ensure compliance with CARF, DCF and contractual standards
- Sustain highest standards in protecting client rights and building employee morale and set up systems for monitoring/improving retention of clients and staff
- Interface positively with Executive Team, referral sources, other agency managers, contracting agencies and community leaders
- Provide staff liaison with contracted funding sources
- Participate in agency quality assurance committees as assigned
- Develop and maintain procedures to inspect facilities for safety and security and report maintenance needs
- Master's degree in Human Services field
- Five years of related experience with minimum of three years in a management capacity and demonstrated leadership skills
- LMHC or LCSW
- CAP Certified
- Experience working with women and the criminal justice population
We offer market competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for full/part-time employees including health and dental insurance, paid time-off (PTO), up to 10 paid holidays, flexible spending accounts, retirement plans, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability and assistance with certification and licensure.
Please visit www.dacco.org to apply.
Serving Hillsborough County since 1973, DACCO is one of Florida's largest community-based providers of behavioral health services. Our mission is simple- DACCO is working for a drug-free community: one person, one family at a time.
DACCO is a full service provider of SA services. We are Nationally Accredited and have won numerous national and state awards for premier services. We serve all ages and take all insurances. We have board certified MD's that will provide a consultation of what an individual plan might look like when people don't know what to do, much like other Doctor consultations. We are known for our specialties in pregnant women and women's services, Opiate Addiction treatment, residential treatment and community prevention as Centers of Excellence.
DACCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug & Tobacco Free Facility.
DACCO Behavioral Health
ARNP – Medical Services
Come work for DACCO as a Nurse Practitioner in Medical Services! This position is located at our Headquarters in Tampa, FL. You will become an integral part of our behavioral health team.
DACCO values our employees and supports your contribution to the success of our organization.
The Nurse Practitioner provides diagnostic assessments and psychiatric evaluations as well as overseeing medication management. Additionally the Nurse Practitioner prescribes and evaluates efficacy and safety of medication, while documenting and adjusting medications as necessary to maintain wellness in a clinical setting. They will develop and implement a system of administering and monitoring psychiatric medications to individuals participating in an addictions environment and recovery program. This position works under the supervision of agency's medical director, a licensed physician.
We are pursuing a candidate who will sustain the highest standards in protecting client rights while contributing to a positive team environment.
- Maintain client charts in compliance with 65D-30 licensure requirements, CARF, and managed care insurance standards
- Full time availability
- Ability to meet quality standards
- Attention to detail
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- All personnel are required to undergo a mandatory post-employment offer criminal background check
- 2 - 4 years of psychiatric nursing experience
- Knowledge of addictions medicine
- Valid FL Nurse Practitioner License in Psychiatric/Mental Health
As our employee, you have the potential to receive market competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for full/part-time employees including health and dental insurance, paid time-off (PTO), up to 10 paid holidays, flexible spending accounts, retirement plans, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability and assistance with certification and licensure.
Please visit www.dacco.org to apply.
What is DACCO?
DACCO is a full service provider of SA services. We are Nationally Accredited and have won numerous national and state awards for premier services. We serve all ages and take all insurances. We have board certified MD’s that will provide a consultation of what an individual plan might look like when people don’t know what to do, much like other Doctor consultations. We are known for our specialties in pregnant women and women’s services, Opiate Addiction treatment, residential treatment and community prevention as Centers of Excellence.
DACCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug & Tobacco Free Facility. All personnel are required to undergo a mandatory post-employment offer criminal background check.
Florida Alcohol & Drug Abuse Association
Project Director – ER Intervention Program
The Florida Alcohol and Drug Abuse Association is seeking to hire a Project Director to lead and manage the All in for Florida: The ER Intervention Program. This program seeks to improve Florida’s system of care by linking hospital systems with community-based behavioral health programs to provide treatment, transitional support and other wrap around services to prevent readmissions to hospital emergency departments due to opioid overdoses. FADAA is looking for a proven leader who is committed to providing quality services and work products. The successful applicant will have:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A proven track record of successful project management
- Education and experience in behavioral health or health care administration
- Strong computer skills
FADAA is a non-profit membership association representing over 100 of Florida’s premiere community-based substance abuse and co-occurring treatment and prevention agencies, managing entities, community anti-drug coalitions and over 3,000 individual members. Throughout its history, FADAA has been involved in leading industry change to better serve consumers and communities. It has been at the forefront in creating responsive systems and tools to facilitate the transfer of evidence-based practices to the field and initiating and expanding continuous quality improvement activities. Our mission is to represent substance abuse prevention and treatment providers, managing entities and community anti-drug coalitions in advancing addiction treatment, co-occurring treatment, prevention and research via communications, professional development and public policy leadership.
Scope of Responsibility: The ER Intervention Program Director is a time-limited position for 24 months for an individual with strong coordination and skills building systems of care. The Director is responsible for the continuing development, implementation and management of the ER Intervention Program. This program seeks to improve Florida’s system of care by linking hospital systems with community-based behavioral health programs to provide treatment, transitional support and other wrap-around services to prevent readmissions to hospital emergency departments due to opioid overdoses.
- Master degree in a behavioral health, health care administration or related field
- Minimum of four years of experience in the field (pertinent experience may partially substitute for some of the educational requirements)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to research evidence-based and promising practices and to develop and deliver professional training modules
- Proven track record in coordination, collaboration and strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
Position will report to the Director of Contracts and Professional Services and may supervise support staff or the work of partner organizations.
- Lead, manage, coordinate and provide oversight to all aspects of the ER Intervention Program
- Ensure compliance with the requirements of the contract including keeping abreast of and meeting all the deliverables and timelines
- Develop a plan to determine the state of collaboration between hospital systems and community-based behavioral health programs in Florida including identifying stake holders and developing data collection tools (e.g. surveys, interview protocols)
- Research best and promising practices related to coordination between hospital systems and community-based behavioral health programs
- Collect and analyze data
- Draft a State of the State report regarding collaboration between hospital systems and community-based behavioral health programs in Florida by compiling all the data collected in a readable and utilitarian format and update the report as needed
- Draft periodic reports for wide dissemination (e.g. hospitals, community-based behavioral health organizations, foundations, state offices, legislature)
- Develop tools, policies and procedures that support the goals of the program
- Develop training materials that balance the needs of hospital systems, community-based behavioral health organizations, best and promising practices, emerging trends and the needs of the target audience
- Lead in-person trainings and webinars
- Provide technical assistance in person or through coaching calls
- Organize and conduct meetings with large audiences in a manner that affords participants a voice
- Keep abreast of research, best practices and trends in the field and organize this information in a platform that is easily accessible to FADAA leadership and other stakeholders
- Additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities, including utilization of equipment, required for the position:
- Strong analytical skills as evidenced by an ability to synthesize information from different sources into an integrated narrative
- Strong written communication skills
- Knowledge and ability to lead groups in strategic planning
- Ability to articulate recovery-oriented concepts for design and implementation strategies
- Ability to evaluate local and community needs
- Ability to communicate effectively and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work assignments
- Proficiency in the complete Microsoft Suite
To apply: Complete the FADAA Job Application form located at www.fadaa.org under Resources/ Job Board/ View Jobs. Submit the completed application with a cover letter including salary requirements to: FADAA at 2868 Mahan Drive, Suite 1, Tallahassee, FL 32308, or via e-mail at email@example.com, or by fax to (850) 878-6584.
The Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace. Screening tests for illegal drug use are required as a condition for employment. E-verify proof of eligibility to work in the U.S. is also required for employment.
Florida Alcohol & Drug Abuse Association
Senior Director for Behavioral Health Policy
The Florida Behavioral Health Association is seeking a highly skilled professional with extensive expertise in Medicaid, behavioral health policy, behavioral medicine, mental health, and/or substance use disorders to lead the Association's health policy initiatives. Key duties include leadership in promoting healthcare implementation and integration; building relationships with healthcare agencies, managed care organizations, health plans, and insurers; and leading the Associations' efforts to promote robust behavioral health services in various health care delivery systems. Specific duties include:
- Serve as the policy lead on all issues related to healthcare reform, integration of behavioral health into healthcare systems, and the promotion of behavioral medicine as an essential component of healthcare.
- Lead initiatives related to State and federal Medicaid policy, including innovative strategies related to contracting and service delivery.
- Oversee the Association’s activities related to the implementation of mental health/ substance use disorder services into AHCA’s managed care initiatives and care delivery guidelines.
- Lead efforts to develop collaborative partnerships with healthcare partners such as state hospital associations, state health plan associations, etc.
- Lead the Association’s activities related to the integration of behavioral health services into health plans, Accountable Care Organizations, commercial insurance, and other healthcare delivery systems.
- Advise on legislation related to behavioral health and behavioral medicine; promote policy and legislation that supports providers of behavioral health services.
- Inform members of federal/state initiatives and funding opportunities related to behavioral health.
- Provide guidance to Association operations and projects related to healthcare including relevant communication activities and publications.
- Coordinate the activities of healthcare consultants and staff working on the Association’s healthcare initiatives.
- Provide support and leadership to the Health Care Division of the Association.
Bachelor's degree in a related health field and a minimum of five years' experience in behavioral health policy and/or behavioral medicine. Medicaid experience is desired. Strong verbal, written, and organizational skills and the ability to work in fast-paced environment.
Reports to the President/CEO
To apply: Complete the FADAA Job Application form located at www.fadaa.org under View Jobs on the Job Board link. Submit the completed application with a cover letter including salary requirements to: FADAA at 2868 Mahan Drive, Suite 1, Tallahassee, FL 32308, or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by fax to (850) 878-6584.
The Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace. Screening tests for illegal drug use are required as a condition for employment. E-verify of proof of eligible employment to work in the U.S. is also required for employment.