FADAA's Job Board is a listing of job openings in the substance abuse field in Florida. See instructions for information on how to post a vacancy at your organization.
The application for positions with FADAA can be downloaded here: FADAA Job Application.
Disclaimer notice: All job posting content is provided by the soliciting organization. Florida Alcohol and Drug Abuse Association is not responsible for missing or inaccurate data.
House of Hope
COUNSELOR FOR RESIDENTIAL SUBSTANCE ABUSE FACILITY
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Residential Substance Abuse Facility Counselor is part of the integrated clinical team effort to assist in the coordination of services to persons served in a residential treatment modality utilizing cognitive behavioral and motivational enhancement techniques. This is a modified therapeutic community; the Counselor must be knowledgeable in this model as it pertains to individuals with both substance use and mental illness disorders as well as with the 12-Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous.
- Master’s Degree in Mental Health Counseling, Psychology or Social Work minimum; prefer CAP certification as well
- 2 years’ experience working in the field of addiction and/or mental health; prefer 3+ years
- Prefer 1 year working in residential facility
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Timely completion of Biopsychosocial with person served
- Timely development and implementation of the Treatment Plan and Treatment Plan Updates with person served
- Person served education and orientation
- Identification and resolution of gaps in service provision
- Treatment, Transition and Discharge/Aftercare Planning with person served
- Primary Treatment Service Provision
- Crisis Intervention
- Coordination of referrals with established linkage to outside agencies
- Consultations with other professionals
- Provide appropriate chart documentation utilizing industry accepted standards and following HOH / SS policies and procedures
- Case load of 12 to 15 persons served maximum
APPLICATION PROCESS: If you are qualified for a posted vacancy, please forward the following documents to Hr@houseofhope.org:
- Cover letter
- Resume of experience and education
- Photocopies of certification documents (if applicable)
House of Hope and Stepping Stones is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.
House of Hope and Stepping Stones is a Drug Free Workplace!
Florida Alcohol & Drug Abuse Association
Senior Director for Behavioral Health Policy
The Florida Behavioral Health Association is seeking a highly skilled professional with extensive expertise in Medicaid, behavioral health policy, behavioral medicine, mental health, and/or substance use disorders to lead the Association's health policy initiatives. Key duties include leadership in promoting healthcare implementation and integration; building relationships with healthcare agencies, managed care organizations, health plans, and insurers; and leading the Associations' efforts to promote robust behavioral health services in various health care delivery systems. Specific duties include:
- Serve as the policy lead on all issues related to healthcare reform, integration of behavioral health into healthcare systems, and the promotion of behavioral medicine as an essential component of healthcare.
- Lead initiatives related to Medicaid policy, service expansion, and revenue maximization.
- Guide the Association's activities related to the implementation of mental health/substance use disorder services into AHCA's managed care initiatives and care delivery guidelines.
- Lead efforts to develop collaborative partnerships with healthcare partners such as the Florida Hospital Association and the Florida Association of Health Plans.
- Lead Association activities related to the integration of behavioral health services into health plans, Accountable Care Organizations, commercial insurance, and other healthcare delivery systems.
- Provide support and leadership to the Health Care Division of the Association.
- Advise on legislation related to behavioral health and behavioral medicine; promote policy and legislation that supports providers of behavioral health services.
- Inform members of federal/state initiatives and funding opportunities related to behavioral health.
- Provide guidance to Association operations and projects related to healthcare including relevant communication activities and publications.
- Guide the activities of healthcare consultants and staff working on the Association's healthcare initiatives.
Bachelor's degree in a related health field and a minimum of five years' experience in behavioral health policy and/or behavioral medicine. Medicaid experience is desired. Strong verbal, written, and organizational skills and the ability to work in fast-paced environment.
Reports to the President/CEO
To apply: Complete the FADAA Job Application form located at www.fadaa.org under View Jobs on the Job Board link. Submit the completed application with a cover letter including salary requirements to: FADAA at 2868 Mahan Drive, Suite 1, Tallahassee, FL 32308, or via e-mail at email@example.com, or by fax to (850) 878-6584.
The Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace. Screening tests for illegal drug use are required as a condition for employment. E-verify of proof of eligible employment to work in the U.S. is also required for employment.