FADAA's Job Board is a listing of job openings in the substance abuse field in Florida. See instructions for information on how to post a vacancy at your organization.
The application for positions with FADAA can be downloaded here: FADAA Job Application.
Disclaimer notice: All job posting content is provided by the soliciting organization. Florida Alcohol and Drug Abuse Association is not responsible for missing or inaccurate data.
Florida Alcohol & Drug Abuse Association
Senior Director for Behavioral Health Policy
The Florida Behavioral Health Association is seeking a highly skilled professional with extensive expertise in Medicaid, behavioral health policy, behavioral medicine, mental health, and/or substance use disorders to lead the Association's health policy initiatives. Key duties include leadership in promoting healthcare implementation and integration; building relationships with healthcare agencies, managed care organizations, health plans, and insurers; and leading the Associations' efforts to promote robust behavioral health services in various health care delivery systems. Specific duties include:
- Serve as the policy lead on all issues related to healthcare reform, integration of behavioral health into healthcare systems, and the promotion of behavioral medicine as an essential component of healthcare.
- Lead initiatives related to State and federal Medicaid policy, including innovative strategies related to contracting and service delivery.
- Oversee the Association’s activities related to the implementation of mental health/ substance use disorder services into AHCA’s managed care initiatives and care delivery guidelines.
- Lead efforts to develop collaborative partnerships with healthcare partners such as state hospital associations, state health plan associations, etc.
- Lead the Association’s activities related to the integration of behavioral health services into health plans, Accountable Care Organizations, commercial insurance, and other healthcare delivery systems.
- Advise on legislation related to behavioral health and behavioral medicine; promote policy and legislation that supports providers of behavioral health services.
- Inform members of federal/state initiatives and funding opportunities related to behavioral health.
- Provide guidance to Association operations and projects related to healthcare including relevant communication activities and publications.
- Coordinate the activities of healthcare consultants and staff working on the Association’s healthcare initiatives.
- Provide support and leadership to the Health Care Division of the Association.
Bachelor's degree in a related health field and a minimum of five years' experience in behavioral health policy and/or behavioral medicine. Medicaid experience is desired. Strong verbal, written, and organizational skills and the ability to work in fast-paced environment.
Reports to the President/CEO
To apply: Complete the FADAA Job Application form located at www.fadaa.org under View Jobs on the Job Board link. Submit the completed application with a cover letter including salary requirements to: FADAA at 2868 Mahan Drive, Suite 1, Tallahassee, FL 32308, or via e-mail at email@example.com, or by fax to (850) 878-6584.
The Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace. Screening tests for illegal drug use are required as a condition for employment. E-verify of proof of eligible employment to work in the U.S. is also required for employment.